Monday, December 3, 2007

Back to Work

We're back at work today and feeling much better--thanks for all your prayers!

After being at home Thursday and Friday, we were ready to get out of the house on Saturday. We were both feeling much better and decided to head to Plaza San Miguel for a few hours in the morning. Plaza San Miguel is a decent sized mall about a 10 minute walk away.

After lunch, we went back to the Corner Bar to watch some more college football. We watched two games and had dinner but left before #1 and #2 both got upset. This season has been ridiculous, and it's going to be tough rooting for LSU... We both ate more "American" food at the bar, and my (C.J.) cheeseburger turned out to be a big mistake. I quickly reverted to the soup and bread diet but felt pretty bad again on Sunday.

It's a short week for us--we're really excited about leaving for Cuzco and Machu Picchu on Friday. I'm also excited that I'm going to get to play soccer twice this week. Santiago (the husband of the family we're living with) is going to take me to play futsal (very similar to indoor soccer) on Wednesday night and back to San Marcos University to play outdoors again. I mentioned that I played soccer in the last post, but I guess didn't say where I've been playing--Santiago is a professor at San Marcos and plays with other professors every Thursday. I guess I didn't mention that I went surfing either...I did...it was fun...I need to keep better track of what I've put on here!

So, it should be a really fun week. Please continue to pray for our health. We're really starting to miss all of the good food that we had the first couple of weeks--soup is getting pretty old. Also pray for our safety as we travel to Cuzco and Machu Picchu. This will be the first time that we're really alone in Peru! Get ready for lots of pictures again!

The picture below is us having ice cream at Larcomar, a mall built into the cliffs over the ocean in Mira Flores (probably the nicest part of Lima). As you can tell by the ice cream, this was before we got sick, but for the sake of a picture and to remember better gastrointestinal days...

1 comment:

jamundson said...

Love how it says "back to work" and has a picture of the 2 of you romantically eating ice cream by the ocean...
Seriously though, hope you guys feel better soon!

Lisa and Jacob