Friday, May 9, 2008

To the Workin' World I Go

I (Keri) have officially accepted a full-time position at The Rehabilitation Institute of St. Louis on their inpatient stroke and brain injury floor. Though I was a little bit hesitant to accept due to my passion for spinal cord injuries and becaue I don't have a lot of experience with these two populations, I really feel like I can learn a lot and may end up loving it. The bottom line is that I need experience right now, and I will learn valuable lessons in OT no matter where I work for my first job. I'm sure I will have some great stories working with these populations :) I start already on Monday, May 19, so I would appreciate prayers for this upcoming time of transition. I have REALLY enjoyed my freedom and flexible schedule in the last 3 months, so I will be mourning it, but this is what I was made to do and I have been wanting to be an OT since I was in 5th grade! So working world, here I come....

4 comments:

Jacob, Lisa and Charlie said...

God is so good!! Keri, we are so very excited about your new adventures!

Everyday Thoughts said...

Praise God! We were so happy to hear of your job. God answers prayers and we will continue to pray for your time of adjustment! We miss you guys!

Unknown said...

did you end up taking the full-time job?

And don't even TRY to get out of taking us to Mi Ranchito to celebrate. ;)

Robyn said...

Keri - Congrats!!! We'll be praying that this transition is a smooth one. I know that God has you RIGHT where he wants you, I can't wait to hear about how He uses you in this job!!
Love, Robyn