Sunday, November 9, 2008

Continued work on the condo

As promised, I will post new pictures after major work days on the condo. This weekend we decided that for our sanity, we would only work 9am-6pm on Saturday and rest on Sunday. I'm not sure if I mentioned or not, but one of our fellow church plant leadership team members, Mike, bought the condo right next door to us. He is also fixing his up and is hoping to move in soon, so we had a force of about 12 people decend upon our condos to help out. Thanks to all who showed up! In our condo, we got walls spackled and primed, baseboards and 1 ceiling painted, and C.J. finished the laminate wood flooring! Katie Mohr also put some appreciated time in scrubbing down the bathrooms. Even little Eliot helped out! As Katie and Russ said, it's about the least child-proof thing they could've done on a Saturday (at one point I caught Eliot right before he slammed a mallot into one of our walls), but once we gave him a sander, he sanded walls, ladders, people, you know...all of the helpful stuff :). He did great! The only accident of the day happened when everyone was gone and I (Keri) had 1 more foot to cut in on ceiling. I had been taking down the 2 gal bucket of celing paint every time I had to move the 10 ft ladder all day. I thought I had taken it down and moved the ladder for the last time and what was left of the bucket came down all over the floor, camping chairs, and 1 wall. Thank goodness the carpet was covered in plastic. Not the way I would have chosen to end a long day, but it could've been worse! Enjoy the pictures! This week/next weekend we put COLOR on those walls!!!

Eliot stopping his hard work for a snack

Joey painting baseboards

The crew stopping for lunch

Eliot and a paintbrush

C.J's finished kitchen floor

Finished wood flooring in hall and 1st floor bathroom

1 comment:

Amanda said...

That Eliot was a big help it sounds like!!! Put him to work...that's good for him!!!