Tuesday, April 15, 2008

A REAL OT!

Hey everyone (this is Keri),
Just letting you know that I passed my OT boards and that I'm a real OT now! I just found out today. I've started the job search, and things aren't looking incredibly promising for the exact kind of job that I want. I am applying to a couple of places this week to see what they have, but you can be in prayer about that. I know God has a job for me somewhere, I just need his wisdom and guidance to figure out what that is. No matter what, it's a tough transition to go from student-mode to full-time worker. My whole class has been struggling with it whether they're in jobs or still looking like me. I guess the grass is always greener because in grad school we would always talk about how much we wanted a normal 8-5 schedule with no homework at night. Now that we're all facing that or already in it, we all are missing the flexibility and vacation time that a student schedule offers. I just need to pray for contentment in whatever stage of life I am. Thank you for your prayers and support while I studied for my test! They paid off!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

WOO HOO!

Let's go have margaritas and arroz con pollo to celebrate!!!

Um...and of course...Praise God! (that first part didn't sound very good, did it?)

Amanda said...

I am so happy for you. I will be praying for you to find the perfect job!!!!

Everyday Thoughts said...

Alright Keri! Great Job! Now the "real life" begins. haha. We will kepe you in our prayers as the job search continues and for CJ's upcoming schooling as well! WE miss you guys a whole lot!

Linking Lines said...

Congratulations!!! We will be praying for you as you search for a job and as you adjust to the next stage of life! Wish we could help you celebrate...Kiera always takes any excuse to have some sugar! Take care!