Friday, September 21, 2007

Trust in the Lord with all your heart

This blog is from Keri. Before I go into what's on my heart, we forgot to announce the arrival of our new nephew, Dexter Troy Ballast, who was born last Wed. Mom and baby are both doing well and we are proud to be an aunt/uncle again!


Please read the blog below....we're leaving for Nova Scotia tomorrow! So far, we don't have housing there. I am finding myself again faced with something I have struggled with all of my life: releasing control and putting my trust and faith in God to take care of the details. My faith has been tested like this other times, with things coming down to the wire before God answers a prayer. There have definitely been times that God didn't answer until I gave up my feeble attempts to hold on to the situation. It's really scary to be heading there without a place to live. It's not for lack of effort that nothing has turned up so far. I'm praying that we don't spend all of our time there trying to settle down and miss an incredible time together. I'm praying that our life savings isn't drained by having to stay in a hotel for 6 weeks. I'm also praying that the stress of this all doesn't come between CJ and me and take over our travels on the way out there. And I struggle to trust that God is going to come through. I don't know why that is...he has come through every other time. I can honestly say that God has always been faithful to provide what I've needed. And in my experience, when he leads somewhere, he not only goes with us, but goes ahead of us to prepare a place. He certainly did in St. Louis. We prayed and laid before God the decision to go to Nova Scotia for 6 weeks and felt his leading that it was right. I have to believe, then, that he has prepared a place for us. I just am not quite sure why he's sheilding our view from that right now. I have no choice but to trust. God cares about the littlest details, he surely cares about something as big to us right now as housing. Because of that, I will try with all of my heart to lay aside the anxiety that creeps in and honor my Lord and his character of faithfulness. Please pray us through this process!

2 comments:

Katie said...

praying for you friend.

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.